DECLARATION FOR FREE ENTRY UNACCOMPANIED ARTICLES – US FORM 3299
ALL ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED
**Please note the meaning of certain words used in the form**
American Citizen living abroad less than 3 years
Any non-US citizen, or US citizen living outside the US for more than 3 years.
Furniture and household goods with the exception of personal effects
Clothing, Jewelry, Photographic Equipment, Tape Recorders, Stereo Components, Vehicle, Etc.
IMPORTANT: The declaration is divided into 7 parts. To ensure your customs forms are properly completed, please complete each section as per the following instructions:
- Item 1: Print your name as it appears on your passport.
- Item 2: Your date of birth.
- Item 3: The date you personally will arrive in the United States.
- Item 4: Your US HOME address and contact phone number (NO PO Boxes, please) IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A HOME ADDRESS – LEAVE BLANK.
- Item 5: Name of Airport where YOU personally entered the US and cleared customs.
- Item 6: Name of Airline and Flight on which you will enter the US.
- Item 7: First names of accompanying household members and their relation to you.
- Item 8: DO NOT COMPLETE ITEMS A through F.
- Item 9: Place an “X” in the appropriate box, include A. Name of Country and B. length of time residing in that country.
- Item 9C: Mark (1) if you are a US citizen returning to the United States. Mark (2a.) if you are a non-resident moving to the US permanently. NOTE: If this box is marked, please forward a copy of your completed I-94 form. Mark (2b.) if you are a non-resident traveling to the US for a temporary stay – THIS MAY INCLUDE UP TO A THREE-YEAR WORK ASSIGNMENT.
- Item 10: MORE THAN ONE BOX MAY BE MARKED.
FOR US RESIDENTS:
- Mark A(1) if you are shipping household goods acquired and used Outside of the US for at least one year and those articles are intended for personal use only.
- Mark A(2) if you are shipping instruments, professional books, that Were owned and used outside of the US.
- Mark C(1) if you are shipping the mentioned articles that were owned and used outside of the US by you or your family and those articles are intended for personal use only.
- Mark C(2) if you are shipping any vehicles, bicycles, or any means of Conveyance that are intended for personal use only.
Part III – DO NOT COMPLETE
Part IV SECTIONS A-C: Mark Appropriate Boxes ONLY. If NO boxes apply, the section may be left blank.
Note: Any marked boxes may include tax and dutiable articles.
PLEASE CONTACT YOUR AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNT COORDINATOR IF ANY ITEMS IN THIS SECTION ARE MARKED AS SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS MAY APPLY!
SECTION D – only complete if items in Part IV Sections A-C are marked. PLEASE CONTACT YOUR ACCOUNT COORDINATOR TO COMPLETE THIS SECTION.
Part V – DO NOT COMPLETE
- Please mark box B. for “Importer”.
- Please sign your name as it appears on your passport and date.
Contact Trans Canada Movers for further questions you may have. Click Here!