Moving to Cincinnati, Ohio
Making a move to another city is a big step. Larger still if that city happens to be across the country or in another country entirely. Considered by locals to be a hidden gem, Cincinnati is a city with a lot to offer its residents. Be prepared for all types of weather scenarios and you’ll be ready to experience life in Cincinnati, Ohio to the fullest. If you’re currently located in or around Toronto, and you’re thinking about moving to Cincinnati, Ohio, we can help!
From getting your things from point A to point B to ensuring you’ve got the proper documentation all filled out, Trans Canada Movers has got you covered. Be sure to check out our guide for moving from Canada to the USA along with this guide to all things Cincinnati right here.
Why Move to Cincinnati?
There are many great reasons to move to Cincinnati, from the low cost of housing and living to the booming job market. This city along the Ohio River, affectionately known by locals as “Cincy”, is the third-largest city in the state of Ohio. Here are some great reasons to call this city home.
- The job market isn’t the only thing booming in Cincinnati. The city also boasts a thriving beer scene with over 40 different breweries around the city. From massive breweries with rooftop bars to locales with outdoor volleyball courts or tucked away in old churches, beer connoisseurs have a lot to explore here.
- Outdoor green spaces are in abundance for nature lovers. Discover hiking trails, walking paths, dog parks, or simply immerse yourself in a forest for the day. All of these spaces are easy to access in the city for you to enjoy.
- If sports are more your speed, Cincinnati has plenty of sports teams to support. Cincinnati has the Bengals in the NFL and the Reds in the MLB as well as some great college-level sports. There’s always a game of some kind to watch on tv or in person.
- Cincinnati is also home to many professional performing arts companies including areas such as ballet, opera, symphony, and theatre. Spend an evening at the Cincinnati Opera or enjoy some open air performances with the Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park.
The Best Areas to live in Cincinnati
Cincinnati offers neighbourhoods for every lifestyle, so no matter what you’re looking for, you’re sure to find it. Whether you’re a young professional wanting to be close to trendy shops and nightlife, a family looking for the best schools in the area, or recently retired and after a quieter neighbourhood, you’ll find something perfect in Cincinnati. Some of these neighbourhoods include:
- Hyde Park is a highly walkable, very trendy neighbourhood with many bars, cafes, and restaurants. It is located in the eastern part of the city and can easily be navigated by bicycle for anyone looking to reduce their vehicle usage.
- East Walnut Hills provides the perfect blend of urban and suburban with plenty of amenities mixed together with family housing options, great schools, and quick access to the I-71 for your commute to work.
- Kenwood is perfect for retirees looking for a quieter, calmer neighbourhood. That doesn’t make it boring, however, as it’s also a major shopping destination for the area with Kenwood Towne Centre and The Kenwood Collection.
- Residents of Mt. Lookout love the neighbourhood for its local breweries, great shopping, and late night spots. It’s also an easy commute to downtown and a short walk to nearby parks–including Ault Park.
What Locals Love About Cincinnati
There’s a lot to love about Cincinnati, from its location along the Ohio River to its sports teams and the prestigious University of Cincinnati. Here are a few things in particular that locals love about this city:
- We’d be remiss not to mention Skyline Chili as a classic local favourite. It’s the entire reason Cincinnati calls itself the “Chili Capital of the World.” This may be up for debate but for a unique Cincinnati staple, Skyline Chili is a must-try.
- If going to a sports game or enjoying some fine art isn’t enough for you, Over-the-Rhine is Cincinnati’s most famous entertainment district with restaurants, bars, boutiques, and the Cincinnati Music Hall. It’s easy to spend an entire day here.
- Locals are never bored in Cincinnati. From finding the hidden library, The Mercantile Library or hidden bars to enjoying year-round festivals including the annual Oktoberfest to visiting the indoor botanical Krohn Conservatory or Findlay Market. You will always find something to do in your free time in this city.
Get Moving to Cincinnati, Ohio with Trans Canada Movers
No matter what reason you have for moving to Cincinnati, Ohio, Trans Canada Movers can help to ensure your cross-border move is as pleasant as possible. With many years of experience specializing in cross-border and long distance moves, we know all the ins and outs of moving a household safely and securely. We’ll take care of the logistics so you can focus on what matters most to you—getting settled into your new home and city.
Get your move started today by contacting us or by checking out our Moving Calculator for a custom quote for the things you’re taking with you.