Moving To Texas
For over 20 years, Trans Canada Movers has been providing our customers with attentive and reliable moving services, with many looking to make the move to Texas. If you’re considering a move, you can be assured that Texas has a lot to offer. From its vast landscapes and thriving cities to its picturesque rural areas, it is hard not to have a soft spot for the Lone Star State.
To make sure you’re fully prepared to cross the border and start your move, you should take a look at our guide for moving from Canada to the USA. You’ll also want to have the proper documentation ready for when you arrive. Once you have that sorted, allow Trans Canada Movers to take care of the rest! Keep reading for some great reasons to consider relocating to Texas.
Why Live in Texas?
Why consider calling Texas home? There’s a multitude of reasons to move to Texas, such as:
- Its legendary cowboy culture. Texas is well-known for its rodeos and the distinctive style of dress that goes along with it. In fact, the first-ever rodeo was held in Pecos, Texas. The small town continues to host its annual show, so this will be your opportunity to throw on a wide-brimmed hat and become immersed in the cowboy culture!
- It’s a football haven. Texas is home to two NFL teams, the Houston Texans and the Dallas Cowboys, and with quotes such as ‘Football is to Texans, what religion is to a priest’ from former Cowboys coach Tom Landry, you can best believe it is taken very seriously. In addition, you have historic college rivalries between teams such as Texas A&M, Baylor, TCU, Tech, and SMU. With all of this in mind, you can be sure there will be no shortage of iconic games to attend in Texas!
- If sports and cowboys aren’t your thing, from an economic standpoint, Texans also do not have to pay personal income taxes. That means more money in your pocket to spend on the things you love!
- Lastly, the food! Texas is home to many iconic dishes such as chicken fried steak and chili con carne. With a vast array of restaurants and diners, you’ll have no problem getting your fix. In particular, we recommend trying the chicken fried steak at Mary’s Cafe in Strawn, it’s delicious!
Best Areas To Live In Texas
Although we believe there are many great areas to live in Texas, we’ve broken down the top 4 cities to live here:
- Dallas – Located in North Texas, Dallas is a commercial hub with major brands such as AT&T, American Airlines, and Toyota all having office locations there. It is also home to some great attractions, such as the Dallas Museum of Art or the Arboretum and Botanical Gardens. Also, due to its location, Dallas is a great place to live if you’re a frequent traveller, with other great cities such as Austin, Houston, and Oklahoma City all less than four hours away by car.
- Houston – Just south of Dallas is the ever-attractive H-town, otherwise known as Houston. This city is well renowned for its cultural scene as it is home to world-class museums, theatres, and music venues. We highly recommend checking out the immersive learning center for science and space exploration, which is the Space Center Museum. We’re sure you won’t regret it!
- Austin – Austin, Texas, has become an increasingly popular destination for individuals seeking a dynamic and vibrant living experience. The city caters very well to those who appreciate an active lifestyle with a plethora of outdoor activities, including hiking, biking, and water sports. Moreover, the city’s social scene, highlighted by the iconic South by Southwest (SXSW) festival, further adds to the city’s appeal.
- San Antonio – Located in the south of Texas, San Antonio offers a compelling blend of rich history, vibrant culture, and a thriving community, making it an attractive destination for those considering a move. Within the city are iconic landmarks such as the historical fortress, the Alamo, and the ever-scenic San Antonio River Walk. Additionally, San Antonio is home to a growing job market, making it an enticing choice for those seeking career opportunities and a high quality of life.
Make Your Move to Texas with Trans Canada Movers
Moving to another area is a huge decision, and we want you to be able to focus on the fun aspects of moving, like all the places to visit and your new home. You don’t need to stress about the actual moving part. At Trans Canada Movers, we can help you make the move to Texas as efficient and stress-free as possible so you can focus on what really matters about your move.
Contact us today to get started relocating to Texas, and be sure to use our Moving Calculator here to request a custom quote for everything you’ll be bringing with you.