Proper packing is very important in order to minimize any damage that might occur during a move. We use professional, thick moving blankets to wrap all of the large items, such as furniture and appliances. We also provide professional packing services for an additional cost. For details, contact us. However, if you prefer to do your own packing, we would like to provide you with a few tips on how to properly pack.
WHAT DO YOU NEED FOR A SUCCESSFUL HOUSE MOVING?
You only use strong boxes with covers. These boxes are for sale in any of our offices from mattress covers to TV boxes. Use of these specific boxes for specific items will decrease any chance of damage during the moving procedure. You can always use boxes from your grocery store. Preferable minimum size box is 2 cubic feet.
The following items will prove helpful and get used for every move as well as being simply useful to have around the house.
- Necessary amount of boxes, different sizes
- Newsprint for packing dishes, glasses, anything small to be packed etc…
- Corrugated bubble wrap for fragile items
- Strong 2-inch wide tape
- Markers for identifying contents of your cartons
- Scissors or sharp knife
Below are some simple tips from the pros to help you get started packing your household in the most efficient manner possible.
- Make sure the bottoms of the boxes are well sealed.
- Packing 1 room at a time will help you when it comes to unpacking
- Make sure to mark all the boxes with numbers and a brief description of its contents
- Notify your mover of any high value and fragile items
- Pack heavier items at the bottom of the boxes. Preferable box weight should 50 lbs or less
- For TV, VCR, Stereo System, try to use their original boxes. If you do not have the original boxes notify us ahead of time
Should you need more assistance with packing, any of our agents will be glad to answer any of your questions concerning packing any of the following items.
- Plates and flat China
- Washing Machines
- Glasses and Cups
- Small Appliances
- Electronics and Clocks
- Glassware and Crystal
- Flowers and Plants
- Draperies and Curtains
- Mirrors, Glass Table Tops, Pictures, Paintings, etc.
Check back periodically as we add other more detailed blogs on packing and moving. For example please check out our post on how to pack and protect your valuable electronics for your move in this BLOG.
If you are wondering if you are forgetting any items please use our handy-dandy moving calculator which will not only help remind you of things that need packing but will help us provide you with a more accurate quote.
Have questions about your move? Want help from leading experts, give us a call!
1(604) 540–4109 in Vancouver Area