Moving to Irvine, CA
If you’re thinking about making the move to California from Canada but aren’t looking to join the hustle and bustle of Los Angeles, we’d highly recommend taking a look at Irvine. Known as one of the happiest cities in America and one of the best cities in the US for raising a family, Irvine is packed with family-friendly activities and offers a growing job market to help you settle in quickly. When you’re ready to get moving to Irvine, CA, Trans Canada Movers can help!
Save yourself the stress of trying to coordinate a cross-border move alone and let the experts at Trans Canada Movers take care of the logistics. We’ll help you navigate all of the forms and documentation needed for an international move and can provide you with a guide for moving from Canada to the USA to help get you started. We’ve also compiled this helpful city guide to teach you a bit more about Irvine so you can focus on what there is to look forward to, rather than stress about what needs to be done.
Why Move to Irvine, CA
Located in sunny Orange County, Irvine is among the wealthiest and safest cities in the US. Technology, semiconductor companies, and higher-education institutions keep Irvine’s economy strong while a smart roadways system keeps it moving smoothly. Here are some other great reasons you’ll love living in Irvine.
- Accessibility. Irvine is conveniently located for many activities. Half an hour drive west will get you to the Pacific coast while a few hours driving will get you to Joshua Tree, Anza Borrego, or Palm Springs. There’s also John Wayne Airport on the city’s northwest border for destinations further away.
- Weather. If you’re a fan of mild weather all year-round with low humidity and little change, you’ll love Irvine. Some locals would like to see more rain but if you’re relocating from Vancouver, we think you’ll find the lack of it refreshing.
- Smart Roadways. As mentioned above, Irvine has a smart road system thanks to cameras and ground sensors that monitor the flow of traffic and automatically adjust traffic lights accordingly. You’ll never have to wait too long at a red light again!
- A Vibrant Arts Scene. Irvine boasts an impressive arts and culture scene—from the Irvine Museum to look at art to the Irvine Fine Arts Center to make it yourself. You can also brush up on your Shakespeare at the New Swan Theater and enjoy some live theatre or classical music at the Barclay Theatre.
Where to Live in Irvine
Irvine was originally part of The Irvine Company, a 110,000-acre cattle, olive, and citrus ranch. As a result, the city is divided into 24 thoughtfully planned out “villages”, each unified by homes, apartments, and commercial buildings of a similar architectural theme. In each village, you’ll find schools, churches, entertainment venues, parks, greenways, and commercial centers. Check out our top recommendations for where to live below.
- Northwood offers an urban-suburban vibe with Craftsman and Spanish Revival-style homes. It’s perfect for families as there are many opportunities to keep kids busy throughout the year as well as a diverse range of delicious restaurants to try.
- Oak Creek attracts people at all stages of life with pet-friendly streets and Craftsman-style homes. Nature enthusiasts will be happy to know that Oak Creek is home to the Sand Canyon Side Path, Freeway Trail, and San Diego Creek Trail as well as a large community park.
- University Park. Don’t let the name fool you, this neighbourhood is great for everyone with green space and Turtle Rock Preserve. Despite being located close to both the University of California-Irvine and Concordia University Irvine, it’s quite quiet.
- Westpark rounds out our list of best neighbourhoods in Irvine for its access to hiking and walking trails as well as tasty eats from the Corner Bakery Cafe. There’s also plenty to do over at Colonel Bill Barber Marine Corps Memorial Park from playgrounds and athletic fields to an amphitheatre and gardens.
What Locals Love About Irvine
You’re probably wondering what makes Irvine one of the happiest cities in America. There are obvious things such as the variety of top-notch schools for all stages of education, smart roadways, safe neighbourhoods, and a plethora of job opportunities that attract people to the city initially. Once here, things that wouldn’t necessarily count as a must-have reason to live in Irvine but are definitely appreciated include:
- The Southern California dining scene offers locals an opportunity to try a wide array of global cuisine on top of the ever popular farm-to-table trend sweeping across the state.
- The shopping opportunities mean you won’t have to head all the way to Rodeo Drive to find the latest fashions. Check out the Irvine Spectrum Center for 120 stores so you can shop til you drop.
- Irvine also is known for its commitment to environmental stewardship including a 20-year energy plan to increase the use of renewable energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions throughout the city as well as a zero-waste initiative.
Make Your Move to Irvine, CA with Help from Professional Movers
Moving to Irvine, CA doesn’t have to be difficult when you’re working with Trans Canada Movers. Our team of long distance moving professionals will help makes your move across the border as smooth as possible from the moment you first book our services. We have years of experience making the drive from Canada to California and can help move your items as efficiently as possible. Let us take care of the logistics so you can focus on the fun aspects of moving to Irvine, CA.
Contact Trans Canada Movers to get started with your move. For budget inquiries, check out our Moving Calculator or request a quote from us.