Moving to Los Angeles from Canada
Los Angeles, also known as the City of Angels and often just referred to as LA, is a city like no other. Home to the rich and famous, not to mention Mickey Mouse, Los Angeles is a hub of activity. Located in sunny California, Los Angeles is definitely one of our favourite places to help people move to. If you’re looking for more information about the area, keep reading this helpful city guide before contacting Trans Canada Movers for help with your move. With many years of experience moving people from Canada to California, we’ve got your move well in hand.
Be sure to have all of the proper documentation ready for when you get to the border and that you have reviewed our guide for moving from Canada to the USA. This will help you be as prepared as possible and make your border crossing smooth.
Why Move to Los Angeles?
Los Angeles has a lot to offer to those who live there. From warm weather to possible celebrity encounters and everything in between, life in Los Angeles will never be boring. Some of the best things include:
- A Tech Hub. In the past decade, many technology firms have established themselves in Los Angeles. These include Facebook, Snapchat, Hulu, and YouTube, to name a few.
- Hollywood. If you’re working in entertainment, Hollywood is certainly the place to be. Your opportunities will range from traditional movie and TV jobs to working in one of the Netflix studios.
- The Food. Due to the diversity of Los Angeles’s population, we’d be remiss not to mention the food options. There are plenty of delicious options in Thai Town, Filipinotown, Little Armenia, Chinatown, and Little Tokyo to satisfy your cravings.
- Incredible Architecture. From the bungalows of Venice to the Tudor-style mansions of Bel Aire, the architecture in Los Angeles is as diverse as the cuisine. And let’s not forget the historic, Spanish-inspired homes with their terracotta tile roofs.
Best Areas to Live in Los Angeles
Los Angeles County is divided into 4 major areas: Central LA, the San Fernando Valley, Verdugos, and South Bay. We’ve listed an option for each here:
- Silver Lake. Silver Lake is both trendy and highly walkable as it’s located close to the city centre. It is known for its artisanal coffee shops, vegan cafes, indie music venues, and trendy bars.
- Burbank. If you like the chance to see movie production sets in action and 1950s vibes, Burbank is the place to live. Complete with charming local businesses like Portos Cuban bakery, Burbank is considered a prime neighbourhood to raise a family in.
- Pasadena. Home to Caltech University, Pasadena is also known for Bungalow Heaven, a small, historical section of Arts and Crafts houses. You’ll also enjoy the Tournament of Roses parade that takes place on New Year’s Day and the Rose Bowl.
- Torrance. The neighbourhood of Torrance boasts the best of both worlds: close proximity to downtown as well as the ocean. Here you’ll find many historical ocean-view properties built in the early 1900s.
Locals’ Favourite Things About Living in Los Angeles
There are many things to love about Los Angeles and, depending on who you ask, you might not receive the same answer when looking for something to do in the area. Here are a few things you’ll hear:
- There’s never a dull moment. Locals insist that you can live in Los Angeles for years and not experience it all. Exploring everything the area has to offer could very well take a lifetime, and locals wouldn’t have it any other way.
- If you love being active outdoors. Los Angeles has everything from surfing to hiking. Being bordered by the San Gabriel mountains in the east, the Santa Monica mountains to the north, and seemingly endless beaches to the west sure has its advantages.
- The most obvious perk to living in Los Angeles is, of course, the weather. Thanks to Southern California’s Mediterranean-esque climate, Los Angeles is sunny for just about 365 days of the year. In fact, according to the National Weather Service, daytime temperatures in Los Angeles have averaged 75 degrees for 30 years.
Make Your Move to Los Angeles with Trans Canada Movers
Making a cross-border, long-distance move comes with a lot of things to consider. Take some stress off your plate with Trans Canada Movers. We have years of experience helping Canadians make the move from Canada to Los Angeles and can help ensure an efficient and hassle-free move as possible. We’ll take care of the details so you can focus on settling into your new home in Los Angeles.
Contact us today to get started with your move to Los Angeles, and don’t forget to use our Moving Calculator or request a custom quote for the items you’ll be taking with you.