Moving to Sacramento, California
Sacramento, California is known as the state’s fastest-growing big city as more and more people are working from home and relocating from the Silicon Valley. It’s also the state capital (we know, we also thought that was Los Angeles). Home to the region’s best farm-to-table cuisine, Sacramento might be further from the ocean than other major Californian cities but what it lacks on beachfront it makes up for in many other ways.
If you’re planning on moving to Sacramento, let us help you make the move easier with our cross-border moving services. Here at Trans Canada Movers, we’re experts in moving people from Canada to California and are happy to help make the transition smooth. From safely transporting your belongings to helping ensure you have all the proper forms and documentation filled out, we are here for you!
Why Move to Sacramento?
There are lots of great reasons to move to Sacramento, from housing affordability and job availability to awesome weather and delicious food. We’ve compiled a short list of reasons why moving to Sacramento is a great choice for you below.
- The City of Trees. While Northern Californian summers can get notoriously hot and Sacramento is no exception, an abundance of trees helps decrease urban ground temperatures to help cool things down. The nickname comes from Sacramento having more trees per capita than any other US city.
- The Farm-To-Fork Capital. Sacramento is one of the largest agricultural producers in America thanks to a year-round growing season and 1.5 million acres of surrounding farmland. If the idea of farm-to-table appeals to you, Sacramento is the place to be.
- A bustling art scene. Fans of the fine arts will be happy to know that Sacramento boasts a theatre, ballet, opera, and art museum. There is no shortage of art festivals in the summer, either.
- A coffee lover’s dream. You’d be hard-pressed to find a city more serious about its coffee than Sacramento. In fact, it’s recognized as one of the world’s best cities for coffee lovers and even has Specialty Coffee Week every September.
The Best Areas to Live in Sacramento
When you’re ready to find the right neighbourhood to settle into, Sacramento has a lot of options available. From a condo in Downtown Sacramento to a house in Citrus Heights, we’ve narrowed your options down to four neighbourhoods worth taking a look at.
- Midtown is a great option for young professionals with its close proximity to bars, nightclubs, restaurants, and breweries. There’s always something fun to do in this neighbourhood with its music venues, vintage shops, and historic charm.
- College/Glen in Eastern Sacramento is great for families and commuters. It boasts easy access to Lincoln Highway and the light rail system as well as excellent parks, a swim club, and great school options.
- East Sacramento is located just outside of downtown and is probably the most walkable neighbourhood in the area. It’s home to many restaurants, breweries, and coffee shops so you’ll never have to wander far for a drink with your friends. McKinley Park is also conveniently located within this neighbourhood.
- Natomas Park is perfect for people who enjoy the outdoors – especially dog lovers. Enjoy easy access to dog parks, hiking trails, a lake, and playgrounds in this neighbourhood that’s also one of the most beautiful in Sacramento.
Locals’ Favourite Things About Living in Sacramento
There are so many things to love about living in Sacramento that you’ll surely discover for yourself once you’re settled in. Here are a few things worth keeping an eye out for that locals love.
- The amazing views tend to come up often if you ask a local their favourite thing about the city. In fact, the sunrises and sunsets are so stunning your social media accounts will be flooded with everyone’s photos of them.
- In addition to the beauty in the skies, locals love not only looking at but visiting the nearby mountains that are a fairly reasonable drive away. From the Sierra Mountain Range in the east to the California Coastal Range in the west, there is no shortage of natural beauty in Sacramento.
- The locals are friendly. We’re talking smile-at-strangers-on-the-street and hold-the-door-open-for-you friendly. Despite being a fairly large city, people in Sacramento aren’t too busy to extend a friendly smile, provide directions, or exchange pleasantries.
Get Moving to Sacramento with Help from Trans Canada Movers
Once you’ve made the decision to move to Sacramento, California and are starting to plan the next steps, be sure to include Trans Canada Movers in your preparations. We’ll take all the moving logistics and stress from yourhttps://transcanadamovers.com/weight-calculator/ plate so you can focus on packing the items you want to take with you, finding a place to live, and getting settled into your new adventure.
Moving to Sacramento is easy when you work with Trans Canada Movers. Contact us or try our Moving Calculator to get started.